In this first stage, the catalogue focuses on the modern and contemporary architecture designed and built between 1832 –year of construction of the first industrial chimney in Barcelona that we establish as the beginning of modernity– until today.

The project is born to make the architecture more accessible both to professionals and to the citizens through a website that is going to be updated and extended. Contemporary works of greater general interest will be incorporated, always with a necessary historical perspective, while gradually adding works from our past, with the ambitious objective of understanding a greater documented period.

The collection feeds from multiple sources, mainly from the generosity of architectural and photographic studios, as well as the large amount of excellent historical and reference editorial projects, such as architectural guides, magazines, monographs and other publications. It also takes into consideration all the reference sources from the various branches and associated entities with the COAC and other collaborating entities related to the architectural and design fields, in its maximum spectrum.

Special mention should be made of the incorporation of vast documentation from the COAC Historical Archive which, thanks to its documental richness, provides a large amount of valuable –and in some cases unpublished– graphic documentation.

The rigour and criteria for selection of the works has been stablished by a Documental Commission, formed by the COAC’s Culture Spokesperson, the director of the COAC Historical Archive, the directors of the COAC Digital Archive, and professionals and other external experts from all the territorial sections that look after to offer a transversal view of the current and past architectural landscape around the territory.

The determination of this project is to become the largest digital collection about Catalan architecture; a key tool of exemplar information and documentation about architecture, which turns into a local and international referent, for the way to explain and show the architectural heritage of a territory.

Aureli Mora i Omar Ornaque


About us

Project by:

Created by:


2019-2023 Aureli Mora i Omar Ornaque

Documental Commission:

2019-2023 Ramon Faura Carolina B. Garcia Francesc Rafat Antoni López Daufí Joan Falgueras Anton Pàmies Mercè Bosch Josep Ferrando Fernando Marzá Aureli Mora Omar Ornaque

External Collaborators:

2019-2023 Lluis Andreu Sergi Ballester Helena Cepeda Inès Martinel Maria Jesús Quintero

With the support of:

Generalitat de Catalunya. Departament de Cultura

Collaborating Entities:



Fundació Mies van der Rohe


Fundación DOCOMOMO Ibérico


Arxiu Mas


Basílica de la Sagrada Família


Museu del Disseny de Barcelona


EINA Centre Universitari de Disseny i Art de Barcelona

Design & Development:

edittio Nubilum

Suggestion box

Request the image

We kindly invite you to help us improve the dissemination of Catalan architecture through this space. Here you can propose works and provide or amend information on authors, photographers and their work, along with adding comments. The Documentary Commission will analyze all data. Please do only fill in the fields you deem necessary to add or amend the information.

The Arxiu Històric del Col·legi d'Arquitectes de Catalunya is one of the most important documentation centers in Europe, which houses the professional collections of more than 180 architects whose work is fundamental to understanding the history of Catalan architecture. By filling this form, you can request digital copies of the documents for which the Arxiu Històric del Col·legi d'Arquitectes de Catalunya manages the exploitation of the author's rights, as well as those in the public domain. Once the application has been made, the Arxiu Històric del Col·legi d'Arquitectes de Catalunya will send you an approximate budget, which varies in terms of each use and purpose.

Image requested:

* If the memory has known authorship or rights, cite them in the field above 'Comments' .

Remove * If the photographs has known authorship or rights, cite them in the field above 'Comments'.
You can attach up to 5 files of up to 10 MB each.

How to get there

In Pictures


Complex consisting of a large farmhouse, a tower, a chapel and other adjacent outbuildings. The large house has a ground floor, two floors and an attic. The roof is double-sided with the ridge perpendicular to the façade, which is organised symmetrically through a central axis. On the ground floor, the semicircular arched entrance door opens in the centre and, on both sides, low-arched windows open. On the first and second floors, balconies without overhangs open in the same axis as the openings on the ground floor; the jambs and lintel are large ashlars. In the attic there is a gallery of semicircular arches and an oculus at each end. Above the gallery, another window opens in the centre.

The tower is cylindrical. The lower part is wider than the rest of the tower and the upper part is topped by battlements. Along the cylinder windows open at different heights with jambs and lintels of stone ashlars. Inside the tower there is a water tank.

The chapel has a semicircular nave and apse. Externally, the walls are decorated imitating the Romanesque style, with blind arches and Lombard bands. A semicircular arched door opens on the façade, above which there is a small rosette. The façade is crowned by a bell tower with two eyes.

The name "Torre Marimon", used to refer to the heritage that existed and still exists in Caldes de Montbui’s landscape, appears for the first time in the 16th century.

The Marimon family, which gave its name to the house and the area, was a wealthy family that extended its properties to Plegamans and other neighbouring towns such as Palau, Palaudàries and Bigues, during most of the Middle Ages. Their relationship with Caldes did not begin until the second half of the 15th century (Romeu de Marimon is documented in 1461 and 1498).

Before belonging to the Marimon family, the tower was known as the "Mas Coromines" or as the "Tower of Monsignor Molas".

After successive vicissitudes and changes of hands during the 18th and 19th centuries, in 1921 it was bought by the Mancomunitat of Catalonia, chaired by Enric Prat de la Riba, to install the Higher School of Agriculture of Catalonia. In order to adapt the place to this purpose, new buildings were built, the farmhouse was rebuilt and, in the place where the tower was, a new one was made, while a water tank was placed at the top.

The chapel has been documented since 1342 and belonged to the Marimon manor. When the whole complex was refurbished to turn it into an agricultural school, this chapel was also restored.

Source: Inventari del Patrimoni Arquitectònic de Catalunya (IPAC)


How to get there

On the Map