In this first stage, the catalogue focuses on the modern and contemporary architecture designed and built between 1832 –year of construction of the first industrial chimney in Barcelona that we establish as the beginning of modernity– until today.
The project is born to make the architecture more accessible both to professionals and to the citizens through a website that is going to be updated and extended. Contemporary works of greater general interest will be incorporated, always with a necessary historical perspective, while gradually adding works from our past, with the ambitious objective of understanding a greater documented period.
The collection feeds from multiple sources, mainly from the generosity of architectural and photographic studios, as well as the large amount of excellent historical and reference editorial projects, such as architectural guides, magazines, monographs and other publications. It also takes into consideration all the reference sources from the various branches and associated entities with the COAC and other collaborating entities related to the architectural and design fields, in its maximum spectrum.
Special mention should be made of the incorporation of vast documentation from the COAC Historical Archive which, thanks to its documental richness, provides a large amount of valuable –and in some cases unpublished– graphic documentation.
The rigour and criteria for selection of the works has been stablished by a Documental Commission, formed by the COAC’s Culture Spokesperson, the director of the COAC Historical Archive, the directors of the COAC Digital Archive, and professionals and other external experts from all the territorial sections that look after to offer a transversal view of the current and past architectural landscape around the territory.
The determination of this project is to become the largest digital collection about Catalan architecture; a key tool of exemplar information and documentation about architecture, which turns into a local and international referent, for the way to explain and show the architectural heritage of a territory.
We kindly invite you to help us improve the dissemination of Catalan architecture through this space. Here you can propose works and provide or amend information on authors, photographers and their work, along with adding comments. The Documentary Commission will analyze all data. Please do only fill in the fields you deem necessary to add or amend the information.
The Arxiu Històric del Col·legi d'Arquitectes de Catalunya is one of the most important documentation centers in Europe, which houses the professional collections of more than 180 architects whose work is fundamental to understanding the history of Catalan architecture. By filling this form, you can request digital copies of the documents for which the Arxiu Històric del Col·legi d'Arquitectes de Catalunya manages the exploitation of the author's rights, as well as those in the public domain. Once the application has been made, the Arxiu Històric del Col·legi d'Arquitectes de Catalunya will send you an approximate budget, which varies in terms of each use and purpose.
Group of buildings around a large U-shaped courtyard, oriented south. The central body stands out for the access reinforced by two observation towers that protrude from the rest of the buildings; these have a ground floor, main floor and attic. The cover is composite. The formal and decorative elements are representative of the modernist language.
It was built on the site of the old and disappeared Capuchin convent, founded in 1584 and destroyed during the Napoleonic war. After being redone, the burning of convents of 1835 took place.
In 1844, the state ceded these lands to move the hospital that was previously in the current Tarafa Library. In 1913, the "Junta de Reforma de Granollers y Construcción del Nuevo Hospital - Asilo" was established, chaired by Francisco Ribes Serre. In 1914 the foundation stone was laid.
Part of the funds to construct this building were taken from the sale of the Sant Esteve altarpiece (a work by Vergós from the 15th century) for 150,000 pesetas.
Group of buildings with an enclosed courtyard in the middle. It contains formal and decorative elements typical of modernism. It can be included in the late-modernist stage of the architect Josep Maria Miró i Guivernau. It is the first important public building he built and the most important one of his modernist period. It is located on the southern slope of the hill of the Pinós tower, next to the road from Caldes to Sant Celoni, outside the urban core. It is made up of a set of three pavilions: that of Sant Jaume, intended for a hospital; that of Santa Faustina, intended as an asylum, and that of Sant Enric, which housed the kitchen, the chapel, the convent and auxiliary outbuildings, articulated around a large U-shaped courtyard, closed to the north and open to the south. Behind, on the northern side of the building complex, there is an isolated pavilion, with a rectangular plan and composite roof, designed in 1933, intended for infectious diseases and inaugurated in 1957. In the central body that joins the side pavilions there has the access, emphasised by two lookout towers that protrude from the level of the eaves - cornice that crowns all the buildings in the complex. It has a ground floor, main floor and attic, taking advantage of the undercover. The roofs are made of Arabic tiles on different slopes composed according to the plan of the complex. Its finishes by means of an elaborate eaves nested along the entire perimeter of the façade should be noted (CUSPINERA et alíí, 2001). An interesting group of white pines grows in the courtyards and gardens (GRANOLLERS MUSEUM. CIÈNCIES, 2001). The green glazed ceramic decoration in the form of openings under the window stands out. In the garden there are environmental elements such as a fountain with the legend "Thanks to Francesc Riba" and a sculpture with an inscription that says: "To the distinguished doctor Francesc Fàbregas". At the entrance there is a small house that follows the general style of all the buildings and a sculpture by Toni Cumella.
In 1914, the first stone of the building was laid. It was inaugurated on the festivities of 1923. It was built thanks to the contributions of some citizens from Granollers and the proceeds from the sale of the Vergós altarpiece at Barcelona City Council (BAULIES, 1965).
Protected in the 1985 PEPHA and proposed protection in the new PEPHA File. No. P-11